Marrying your Passion and Purpose? Get ENGAGED First!
Marrying your PASSION and PURPOSE? Get ENGAGED first!
What makes us entrepreneurs so inspiring and attractive is our unrelenting pursuit to marry our dreams with our daily lives. We have a strong sense of Self and our gifts, and feel confident sharing our services with anyone interested in saying “I do.”
But that’s just it. When we embark on such, we are committing to our customers. We oftentimes have such colorful and captivating images of our wedding bliss, that we forget to be present in the ENGAGEMENT – and being focused on this important time will only enhance the longevity between you and your clients’ relationship.
Very few business owners understand the importance of engagement – the process that takes place before the commitment. If you want to move forward in a lasting relationship with clients, you are encouraged to return to the basics of dating to build a union that is one of respect and retention.
To be ENGAGED means to interact. Remember these basics as you venture into business bliss with your customers:
- COMMUNICATION is key. And it’s a two-way street. Listen to your customers. Engage with them in dialogue that is authentic and candid.
- BE YOURSELF. Stay true to you and your services. What resonates with you will attract clients of like-mind.
- BE CURIOUS. Truly care about what your customers’ wants and needs are. Ask questions that give insight into who your supporters are so you can better understand their desires.
- TRUSTWORTHINESS. Create campaigns that honor you and your customers.
- BE OPEN-MINDED. Consider advice and suggestions that may better build the bridge between you and your customers. If it doesn’t lead to your vision, simply share consciously and candidly about your way forward.
- COMPROMISE. If any party feels unfairly treated in a relationship, offering options that honor all is an ideal way to build rapport or part on good terms.
- HEALTHY DIALOGUE. Not only do you want to encourage interaction and engagement, but you want to foster one of mutual respect.
- HUMOR. Who doesn’t love a good laugh – even a self-deprecating one? Humanize your brand with insight into what brings your company joy. Your customers will appreciate this side of you and your business.
- ATTRACTIVENESS. However you deem fit. Ideally, the goal here is to appeal to your audience. Take care of yourself and your business. The better your brand feels and looks, the more attracted (that is energetically drawn) others are to you.
- FAITHFULNESS. If you want customers retention, you need to be there for them consistently as well. Need I say more?
- INTELLECTUAL. Stay on-top of your industry and ensure you are educating your clients on why your products and services are worth life-long commitment.
Of course, you can add or revise any of the above traits, keeping in mind that in the world of marketing your services, you are ultimately marketing your self. It is beneficial to revisit the critical qualities in courting that make for a lasting relationship with those involved. Here’s to celebrating your engagement – which will only lead a strong marriage of your passion and purpose!
StevieAnne Petitt creates blogs that’ll help you become prosperous in your purpose! Visit here: http://socialallyaz.com/blog/